dual flame totem templar

i checked out the new Flame Totem gem. seems it has some bugs that need worked out but should be a very nice skill to base a build around. of course will use flame totem, which i will need to test for viability. clarity for faster mana recovery. summon skeletons and raise zombie supported by minion life to distract crowds. molten shell for extra defense and an extra dps source if things get rough. would like to try LMP or GMP with flame totem. i doubt it will work with it though. possibly other skills if i have the room.

I've got a flame totem templar at level 48 in merciless.

LMP works with it and is virtually required to make it worth casting. I'd suggest having fire trap has another secondary skill, it becomes extremely powerful later on.

I'm not sure you'll be able to use clarity and flame totems at the same time.

With just those gems, my flame totems cost 151 mana each. With other gems I'm sure the cost is much higher.

I hit a brick wall with the build at The Rocky Climb in merciless. I think the build is totally viable in merciless but my armor is terrible(as you can see by the linked gloves) and I'm simply too lazy to upgrade it right now.

If you've got any questions about flame totem itself I'm sure I can answer most of them.

Edit: I keep confusing the names of the ledge and the rocky climb. Corrected.
Imagine my avatar narrating this post and it will be at least 10% more amusing.
Last edited by grogor on October 8, 2012 5:07 AM
realized i could get a much better selection from witch instead of templar. in addition, the stats for dex and str are too far away to make a viable build.
"
grogor wrote:
I've got a flame totem templar at level 48 in merciless.

LMP works with it and is virtually required to make it worth casting. I'd suggest having fire trap has another secondary skill, it becomes extremely powerful later on.

I'm not sure you'll be able to use clarity and flame totems at the same time.

I noticed you are using iron will with you totems. I tried that myself but it seems to reduce the damage.

I to am using flame totems and am hitting 136 mana per use. I have to wait a second before i can cast the second totem but I might just reduce my clarity gem a level.

my setup for the totems is

and my tree is
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUAAIpUSwh6wpwKqDEdCwrSWRYJv9IakfLaG42kkh0Rr7Qk7eCoMBrrWTDaOXAyvWbWNuvFVEq2TItPaS1FVRx9RlXIbMBWJRf_WOa5hF1VsuZiEhoWYke48mURcrVlpIcJZ-4J6nyGyhl_qsgegMkz1YfjntaSgK3Yk4cffpfUxwaZLWG3m_Aqxae7SdKp25ZqqgU6VqoWdgarZVXSsShgo7Hb0_ayt2nOs1PsC7Rmrg249X_twHD0lsMHMufGIRMCy0EdEddrnvrZm6gS4CIiH-Vj0FTm1qrX6P1id-ukIknxO4o-80d3GPNf7Vb1Lbu8-JMbnP6L4q4=
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit - The Tick
"
magree wrote:

I noticed you are using iron will with you totems. I tried that myself but it seems to reduce the damage.

I to am using flame totems and am hitting 136 mana per use. I have to wait a second before i can cast the second totem but I might just reduce my clarity gem a level.

my setup for the totems is

and my tree is
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUAAIpUSwh6wpwKqDEdCwrSWRYJv9IakfLaG42kkh0Rr7Qk7eCoMBrrWTDaOXAyvWbWNuvFVEq2TItPaS1FVRx9RlXIbMBWJRf_WOa5hF1VsuZiEhoWYke48mURcrVlpIcJZ-4J6nyGyhl_qsgegMkz1YfjntaSgK3Yk4cffpfUxwaZLWG3m_Aqxae7SdKp25ZqqgU6VqoWdgarZVXSsShgo7Hb0_ayt2nOs1PsC7Rmrg249X_twHD0lsMHMufGIRMCy0EdEddrnvrZm6gS4CIiH-Vj0FTm1qrX6P1id-ukIknxO4o-80d3GPNf7Vb1Lbu8-JMbnP6L4q4=

Iron will is reducing your damage because the majority of your stats are int, while mine are strength.

Iron will's cast speed penalty is reduced with each level of it so a high level iron will might benefit you but based on your current strength you're quite likely just better off using another gem like you already are or adding faster projectiles if you get a 5 link item.

It's good to know that clarity can work with the totem.

You may want to pick up static blows and the other 10% shock chance node next to it. You're already using the added lightning gem so you're basically set to take advantage of it. I can't take credit for that idea, as someone else who is using flame totem is the one who thought of it. I can absolutely assure a enormous damage increase(but it won't show up on the tooltip) because of enemies being shocked nearly 100% of the time.
Imagine my avatar narrating this post and it will be at least 10% more amusing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info